Grøntvedt Pelagic AS was founded in 2001 after a merger between Grøntvedt Fisk AS and Grøntvedt & Co AS.
The Pelagic house Grøntvedt and the Grøntvedt family has its roots from Kråkvåg, a small island located in Trondheimsfjorden, and has been in the pelagic business since 1830.
Today, the 6th generation CEO Mr. Bjørnar Grøntvedt and 7th generation, his son COO Mr. Alexander Grøntvedt, takes the family tradition into a new industrial future.
The Grøntvedt-family came to Kråkvåg during the 19th century…Read more
1. January 1830
The Grøntvedt Family came to Kråkvåg during the 19th century and have made a living from farms, freight transport and fishing boat shipping.Close
From 1949…Read more
20. June 1940
- From 1949, Paul Olaf Grøntvedt and his sons, Martin, Olaf and Harald, and Ola Grøntvedt and his sons Oddvar, Lauritz and Ottar established/lead the family company named “Brødrene Grøntvedt”.
- After a while, Paul Martin, Steinar, Bjørn Frode and Bjørnar – relatives of the owners of “Brødrene Grøntvedt” also started working in the family company, and during the 80thies they established their own respective companies.
Bjørnar Grøntvedt establishes…Read more
13. February 1983
Bjørnar Grøntvedt establishes his own company named B.Grøntvedt in Kristiansund (Norway), later re-named “Grøntvedt&Co” which marked the beginning of the industrial development the company is today.Close
Ottar Grøntvedt esablishes Grøntvedt Fisk AS…Read more
1. May 1986
Ottar Grøntvedt establishes “Grøntvedt Fisk” together with his nephew, Ola Grøntvedt. Grøntvedt Fisk rented a factory in Lysøysund (Norway) until they built a new factory at Uthaug (Norway) in 1999.Close
21. May 2000
The owners of Grøntvedt Fisk AS, Ottar and Ola Grøntvedt sells the company to SalMar. The owner of Grøntvedt Fisk, Mr. Gustav Witsø, the owner of Grøntvedt & Co, Mr. Bjørnar Grøntvedt, and Trøndelag Vekst enters into an agreement to merge the companies and name it “Grøntvedt Pelagic AS”.
- Grøntvedt Invest AS 51 % stock share – SalMar 36 % stock share – Trøndelag Vekst 13 % stock share
Bjørnar Grøntvedt takes over as Grøntvedt Pelagic AS operational manager and later CEO.Close
Industry structural coordination and development of Kråkvåg- Uthaug…Read more
1. January 2001
- Industry structural coordination and development of Kråkvåg- Uthaug
- Department of Kråkvåg is adapted to become a world leader in the industrial production of natural herring
- Department of Uthaug is adapted to become a world leader in the production of barrel marinated herring
- Grøntvedt Invest buys Trøndelag Veksts 13 % stock share and becomes owner of 64 % stock share together with SalMars 36 % stock share
Grøntvedt Invest buys…Read more
13. January 2006
- Grøntvedt Invest buys 36 % of SalMars stock share in Grøntvedt Pelagic and thereby becomes 100% owner of the company.
- Grøntvedt Invest AS sells 28 % of it’s stock share in Grøntvedt Pelagic to ABRA Norway AS and 8 % of it’s stock share to Brekstad Invest AS
11. March 2007
Grøntvedt Pelagic is expanding it’s business by blowing down the mountain crust at Holmhaugen. In addition, the bay area northeast of this mountain (between Holmhaugen and Klettskjær) is filled, which allows for greater industrial expansion of production, with cooling- and freezer storage capacityClose
Alexander, 7th generation….Read more
4. May 2013
Son of Mr. Bjørnar Grøntvedt, 7th generation Alexander Grøntvedt becomes COO of Grøntvedt Pelagic AS.Close
Freezing factory…Read more
20. May 2014
World’s largest automatic freezing plant opens, with -20/-25C freezing in only 8-10 hoursClose
Expansion of processing plant…Read more
4. May 2015
Expansion of process plants for filleting, marinating and process managementClose
Grøntvedt Pelagic rewarded…Read more
4. May 2016
Grøntvedt Pelagic rewarded This Year’s Company from Ørland Business ForumClose
EY Entrepreneur Of the Year….Read more
1. January 2017
- Brekstad Vestre 1 opens (Logistics center)
- A new tunnel freezing plant opens
- CEO Mr. Bjørnar Grøntvedt nominated as one of Mid-Norway’s four candidates for EY-Entrepreneur of The Year 2017
Grøntvedt Pelagic rewarded…Read more
1. January 2018
- Brekstad Vestre 2 opens (Logistics center)
- Grøntvedt Pelagic received Norwegian Fishermen’s Sales Organization for Pelagic Fish market price
Starts building….Read more
1. May 2019
- Starts building the world’s first food grade protein meal- and fish oil plant (Grøntvedt Nutri) located under the same roof as our main provider of raw material (Grøntvedt Pelagic). This enables us to extract and refine 100 % of all our processed goods. Opens in August 2020.
- Brekstad Næringsmiddelspark 3 opens (Logistics center)
- Starts expansion of process plant which allows for 50 % increased capacity, opens January 2021.